Monday, November 27, 2006

‘Gun Control' by a middle-aged fascist.


The next time I hear some tree-hugging, lentil-chewing liberal regurgitate that pathetic old line “if we didn’t have guns we wouldn’t kill each other” I’m going to get my rifle out and shoot them at point blank range.

Human beings kill one another. Human beings torture one another. Human beings do unspeakable things and have been doing since the beginning of time. This is exactly why I need a gun.

When some hooded, nike-clad, wannabe-gangster, Asbo kid - off his face on smack no doubt - breaks into my house looking to steal my DVD player, property that I’ve worked all my life to save up for, and ready to assault my wife and children for the sake of fifty quid for his next hit, the only thing that’s going to deter him is a rifle pointed squarely at his face.

John Lott, in his esteemed work ‘More Guns, Less Crime’ points out the positive correlation between lily-livered gun control legislation and an increase in crimes whereby violent criminals victimise law-abiding citizens.

These thugs are absolutely delighted when the bleeding-heart liberals of this country get together and make up stupendous rules to stop honest citizens protecting their families by keeping guns in their houses.

They know exactly where to get their guns on the black market, most of them are members of violent gangs, and the only thing that’s going to stop them breaking into our homes and attacking our women and children is if they think there’s a risk that they’ll be met with a bullet in the head.

What the government doesn’t seem to understand is that they only exist to do the things we can’t do ourselves. I can’t organise a national health service, I can’t build my own school. What I can do is protect my home and family by keeping a gun loaded and ready to shoot anyone who with the audacity to think they’re going to get away with breaking into my home.

I don’t need the police to do this, which is a good job - the blundering, incompetent fools that they are. I’ll be damned if I’m going to stand around unarmed waiting for some twenty-year-old in a police uniform to come and protect my home. The metropolitan police are shockingly incapable of crime prevention, I could barely trust them to find my house never find protect it.

Any sane person would never willingly hand over such a grave responsibility as protecting their own home to a bunch of floundering imbeciles such as the metropolitan police. Indeed, when did we agree that it was their responsibility? Does anyone remember signing that contract?

The sheer arrogance of this government’s belief that it can strip us of our basic human right to protect ourselves, as if they are some all-knowing parent who can’t trust us to look after ourselves, is astounding. Where do they get off deciding who can have a gun and who can’t? Police? Yes. Army? Of course. Honest, hard-working family man wishing to protect his family? No no no.

I refuse to be bullied by this nanny state any longer. The government does not know better, it knows much much worse - you only have to look at the papers to see that the streets are teeming with rapists, paedophiles, muggers, gangsters and drug-dealers, and then they tell us just to sit tight, behave ourselves and they’ll sort it out for us.

Well I’ve been alive for fifty years now, and they havn’t sorted it out. And, sorry if this upsets your laughably naïve outlook on life, but they’re not going to.

So it’s up to you. Pretend that the state will protect you if you like, but I know what I’m going to do. And I sincerely believe that I’ll be having the last laugh, quite sure in fact, since I’ll be the one shooting hoodlums and you’ll be the one getting beaten up and robbed.

No comments: